Friday, 6 September 2013

Thank You for an Extra Special Kindness

There are some extremely kind people on this planet and I am so grateful to one of my sister's friends (and husband) who put themselves to some effort to make it possible for Jane to receive the gifts shown in yesterday's post, in a timely manner.

Post between the UK and Saudi Arabia takes absolutely ages but as Carol and her husband were in the UK and Dave was returning to Saudi imminently they 'volunteered' to get my parcel to Jane. I quickly packaged everything up and Carol collected the parcel from the post office. She packed it in Dave's suitcase immediately and Jane received it in a matter of days. Subsequently I learnt that Dave does not usually travel with 'hold' baggage. So sorry Dave but thank you so much.

Such kindness needs to be recognized so I thought I'd knit Carol a scarf as a little Thank You. With a little help from Jane regarding colours (because Carol and I have not met) we came up with red and black.

I decided to make a reversable scarf from Can Can Disco fashion yarn which was fun to knit... red with a hint of black one side and colours reversed on the other.

Now I'm no photographer and Edward would insit on 'helping me' but hopefully I've captured enough to give an idea of this thank you gift. xx

5 comments:

  1. Wow - the scarfs turned out brilliantly - I am sure Carol is going to love the one she chooses. Oh how well does Edward fit in - so colour coordinated . Pic looks great, well done treasure Hugs always xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the lovely comment on my Whimsy and Stars "Holly Girl". I love your scarves - absolutely beautiful!
    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome scarf! This is brilliantly made in two colours! Very feminine. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, take care, Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  4. The scarf is beautiful and I bet Carol loved it. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm back, Ingrid, as I had to take a look at the rest of your blog - I know absolutely nothing about knitting but this looks beautiful - love the colours! And I think Edward has given it his seal of approval - so cute that he wanted to be in the photo :-) My Kiwi loves to have his picture taken too and I think he would get in every picture of my cards if I would let him. Beautiful work, Ingrid!

    ReplyDelete